воскресенье, 14 мая 2017 г.

Poppy Sprite/ Маковый Эльф

Hello there!
I'm so in a hurry to catch up with the latest challenge #49 called Frame it over at Aurora Wings challenge blog :) Can't love the sprites enough Mitzi draws, love them with all my heart. This time I've chosen Poppy Sprite by AW and colored it with alcohol Chameleon pens and wax Chameleon pencils. I'm more than happy with the result. 




My goal is to get very rich and vibrant colored image. On this basis I prefer making simple design to attract more attention to the character. It's my focal poit on the card. To complete the scene I use very simple elements, e.g. in this case, leaves/ sequins of neutral color to keep up the design and not to take away the view. That's my main concept in working with complacated images like AW. By complicated I mean very detailed.


To add some more interest to a very simple design I also use a white gel pen. I've noticed that it really draws our attention. And one more thing : the color scheme. If I choose vety rich colors for the main image the other colors should just "support" it. The great helper here is a google search for color palettes. For instance, I search for " red color combination" and the result is a ton of palettes with different shades of red and other "supportive" colors. It's quick and easy ecpecially if you are not familiar with the color wheel. Hope that makes sense.




Thank you so much for stopping by! Hope you liked this card anf got inspired! Have a beautiful day!
~ Olesya Kharkova.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

2 комментария:

  1. Wow Olesya! I'm so impressed with the depth of color on Poppy Sprite. Absolutely gorgeous and I do agree that white gel pen draws attention of Mitzi's fabulous image as does your lovely CAS design. Thanks so much for joining our 'Frame It' challenge at Aurora wings. xxD

    ОтветитьУдалить